海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 虽说不是BSC股东,2块钱的卖价还是使得我目瞪口呆!两手冰凉。
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 虽说不是BSC股东,2块钱的卖价还是使得我目瞪口呆!两手冰凉。   
ceo/cfo
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归中将

头衔: 海归中将
声望: 院士
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2004/11/05
文章: 12941

海归分: 491633

文章标题: 虽说不是BSC股东,2块钱的卖价还是使得我目瞪口呆!两手冰凉。 (1769 reads)      时间: 2008-3-18 周二, 02:33   

作者:ceo/cfo海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

This could happen to 花旗,李曼,ML, or GS! 太可怕了。昨晚上床前先把钱放在枕头底下,才能高枕无忧。 Mad
Are there anything more that they know but I don't know? or anything they have that I don't? (meant information, mind you) Wink

ZT
But while the deal may draw legal challenges from investors over its low price, it is unlikely the pact would be killed by the courts, legal experts say.

That's because the venerable investment bank, which agreed to the emergency deal under pressure from the U.S. Federal Reserve as the credit crunch widens, appears to have few other options short of filing for bankruptcy, legal experts say.

Shareholders "could move to enjoin the deal, but that's a tough hurdle," said Michael Kelly, a partner at law firm McCarter & English in Wilmington, Delaware, who specializes in defending corporations in litigation. "I'm sure the board is going to say this is the best option in our judgment."

Bear Stearns is being sold for just $236 million. The deal's value is more than 90 percent below the company's Friday closing share price of $30.85. But JPMorgan said the price tag would total about $6 billion to account for litigation and severance costs.

Shareholders hit by big losses on their Bear holdings are exploring all legal avenues, say class-action lawyers who specialize in bringing lawsuits against large companies. Possible plaintiffs include individual investors, institutions and company employees. The firm's 14,000 staff own about 30 percent of the company.

"I can't divulge privileged conversations, but shareholders don't contact me when they are happy with the way things are going with their investments," said Ira Press, a lawyer at New York-based class-action firm Kirby McInerney, which has spoken with dismayed Bear investors.

"This is a stock that has gone from $50 to $2 literally overnight, and I also know of people who had assumed that the worst had passed when it closed at $30," he said.

Shareholders might sue Bear and its executives and officers for securities fraud, contending they failed to disclose the company's true financial health, lawyers say.

Jeffrey Nobel, a partner at class-action law firm Schatz Nobel Izard in Hartford, Connecticut, said his firm had been contacted by both institutional and individual investors who bought the stock as recently as last week.

Some of these buyers, he said, took their positions after Bear CEO Alan Schwartz said in a televised interview on Wednesday that the company does not see any pressure on its liquidity and had about $17 billion in excess cash on its balance sheet.

"You have investors who are upset because they feel as though the company was not truthful in reporting its financial condition," Nobel said.

Separate suits may be brought by Bear employees who hold company shares that are now virtually worthless, lawyers said.

Another type of lawsuit would challenge the buyout pact itself, but it may be tough for investors to argue that the company ignored other avenues that are better for shareholders and that there is a better way to proceed, Press said.

"There is a possibility that investors will challenge the fairness of the deal, though I would suspect that at this point Bear Stearns must be in dire straits" and that's why it agreed to the buyout, he said.

Another class-action law firm, Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann in New York, is studying the situation and is in touch with Bear Stearns investors but has not yet made any decisions on filing a lawsuit, said partner Salvatore Graziano.

"It's a fluid situation," he said. "Clearly, we're very focused on it."

作者:ceo/cfo海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
犹太人,令你目瞪口呆!ZT 海归论坛 2006-9-07 周四, 06:59
[建议]老狼,归网各位股东,各位版主,能否做几个只有登录会员才能看到的BB... 海归主坛 2007-6-16 周六, 13:33
磨牙党回来了,磨磨牙先 - [转贴]今天在公交车上看到了目瞪口呆的一幕 ! 海归论坛 2006-12-06 周三, 16:27
(ZT)同学们,同学们,这实在是,实在是,很sharp 的一张照片,偶目瞪... 海归茶馆 2006-10-02 周一, 01:19
[原创]富贵网中求 (8) --- 回忆篇:满世界的眼球,几块钱一斤? 海归茶馆 2006-7-30 周日, 21:58
虽然角落同学在楼下假冒帅哥,可是看见他贴出一堆红叉叉,本秘书长决定帮他一下... 海归酒吧 2004-12-25 周六, 00:01
秦火火任职华艺百创,属杜子健的华艺传媒,最终大股东是薛蛮子。 生活风情 2013-8-29 周四, 19:56
[转帖] 小公司,最怕股东多,这里有一个海龟创业的的例子 海归商务 2011-2-15 周二, 10:33

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 ceo/cfo离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.